Entry Level Geotechnical Engineer
Entry-Level Staff Geotechnical Engineer
It is our mission to be the best geotechnical engineering firm in the Rocky Mountain northwest with a strong emphasis on challenging infrastructure projects including bridges, highways, and landslides. We are seeking a Staff Geotechnical Engineer to complement our current staff of eight geotechnical engineers, geologists, and materials engineer. The ideal candidate will be a motivated individual with strong communication skills, course work in geotechnical engineering, and highly organized to manage geotechnical projects and work with our team of engineers, technicians, and drillers.
- 4-year Bachelor of Science degree in Civil Engineering, Master Degree preferred, but not required.
- Successful completion of Fundamentals of Engineering exam and ability to obtain Professional registration in the state of Montana within four years.
- Solid understanding of geotechnical principals and methods of analysis.
- Strong communication skills and highly organized.
- Ability to work with others.
- Ability to travel and work outdoors.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Independently performs project assignments.
- Plans, schedules, conducts, and coordinates projects of low to moderate complexity.
- Develops proposals and related scope of work for new projects with review from senior-level staff.
- Proposals include geotechnical, construction testing, and laboratory testing.
- Prepares geotechnical engineering reports for review by senior-level staff.
- Performs research and writes reports giving professional opinions and recommendations for review by senior-level staff.
- Uses computer programs to evaluate settlement, axial and lateral capacity of deep foundations, slope stability, pavement design, liquefaction, and other engineering problems and draft reports.
- Supervises technicians and drillers on project specific basis.
- Performs field tests, such as concrete and compaction, when necessary.
- Monitors budgets of projects and ensures project invoicing and bill payment occurs in a timely and accurate fashion.
- Prepares construction field reports documenting contractors’ work methods, test results, and the interpretation of these tests.
- Travel for project or training, as required.
- Becomes active in state and national professional societies.
Why SK Geotechnical?
We strongly believe we provide a challenging and excellent learning environment to provide a rewarding career in geotechnical engineering, and are looking for an individual with strong communication and technical skills to join us in taking our firm to the next level.
Located within 60 miles of the beautiful Beartooth Mountains and 130 miles from Yellowstone National Park for hiking, skiing, fishing, and other outdoor activities.
- Profit-sharing is based on company profitability.
- Small company culture
- As ranked by Money Magazine, #1 best place to live in Montana.
- Ample local amenities including shopping, entertainment, healthcare, short commutes, and affordable housing.
- Competitive salary – Estimated yearly salary $62K – $65K, depending on experience and overtime
- Health savings account contribution and high deductible health plan
- 401K with employer match
- Profit Sharin
- Seven paid holidays
- Up to three weeks’ vacation
- Up to 4 weeks of accumulated sick leave, 6 days per year
- Life insurance
This position is based in our Billings, Montana office. This is your chance to join the top geotechnical engineering firm in Montana and work on exciting and challenging projects in the beautiful Rocky Mountain region.
SK Geotechnical Corporation is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.